in Insulin Resistance
or factors responsible for insulin resistance?
Tagged as: Diabetes • insulin • involved • mechanism • Resistance • type
READ ANSWERS, or add one!
“Obesity is associated with an increased risk of developing insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. In obese individuals, adipose tissue releases increased amounts of non-esterified fatty acids, glycerol, hormones, pro-inflammatory cytokines and other factors that are involved in the development of insulin resistance. When insulin resistance is accompanied by dysfunction of pancreatic islet beta-cells — the cells that release insulin — failure to control blood glucose levels results. Abnormalities in beta-cell function are therefore critical in defining the risk and development of type 2 diabetes. This knowledge is fostering exploration of the molecular and genetic basis of the disease and new approaches to its treatment and prevention.” 
Factors involved in obesity
“Factors affecting the proportion of body fat include genetics, level of energy balance, composition of diet, level of physical activity, environmental & societal influences, endocrinal factors, psychological factors, medication and smoking.” 
“The defects most likely to explain the insulin resistance of the insulin resistance syndrome include: 1) the glucose transport system of skeletal muscle (GLUT-4) and its different signalling proteins and enzymes; 2) glucose phosphorylation by hexokinase; 3) glycogen synthase activity and 4) competition between glucose and fatty acid oxidation (glucose-fatty acid cycle).” 
“Though underlying molecular mechanisms are still yet to be completely understood, ongoing research is increasing our understanding about the type 2 diabetes risk genes and their variants’ pathomechanisms.” Cumulative knowledge will no doubt someday prove most corporate influenced studies to be exaggerated and deceptive rubbish, perpetrated by greedy and shameless corporate deviants, whose sole interests are in perpetuating their disease mongering, in order to increase their profits from human suffering. “Such financial resources allow the industry to succeed handily in influencing physician practice and determining the bulk of the U.S. drug research agenda (Avorn et al., 1982; Lexchin, 1993; Peterson et al., 2000). With these financial advantages, the adage continues to apply: those who pay the piper call the tune.” 
My answer plundered from the following
DM type 2 is due to insulin resistance (at the receptor level) where there’s decrease in the response of peripheral tissues to insulin & so decrease in glucose uptake by muscles & fat &/or defective insulin secretion from beta cells in the pancreas.
As for the risk factors:
2)environmental factors as obesity (most important one, 80% of diabetic patients type 2 & especially central obesity), sedentary life style, stress, smoking, hypertension, dyslipidemia, old age)
Well, smoking does NOT cause diabetes. Sheesh people. You want to blame smoking for every ailment on the planet. I know people who have never smoked and have type 2 diabetes. I know people that chain smoke that do not have type 2 diabetes. Quit blaming smoking for everything. It’s an easy way out of having to find the REAL problems causing diabetes.
Obesity is but a small risk factor. Only 7.8% of type 2′s are fat or obese or lazy or all three. This means that the other 92.2% of them are NOT!
Here’s what is causing some of the diabetics to get fat:
As blood sugars rise and energy levels plummet due to glucose not entering the cells, those people eat more and more, and do less and less because of fatigue. This causes the liver to store the excess carbs as adipose fat.
The mechanism involved with type 2 diabetes can be any of the following:
1) Some of the insulin receptors are locked, possibly due to xenoestrogens or damage due to things like medications and such.
2) A genetic predisposition to the disease and one or more risk factors.
3) Damage to the beta calls causing a low insulin output.
4) Other endocrine issues.
5) In women, PCOS can cause type 2 diabetes.
This list is not all inclusive to say the least.
If being obese and/or sedentary caused type 2 diabetes, then by that same reasoning, all one would have to do is lose weight and exercise to be *cured* of insulin resistance.
Obviously, this does NOT occur.
Just too much bad information being perpetuated by both the medical community and the government. Big pharma companies do not want anyone to know the truth. It would kill their profit margins.
Leave a Comment
Copyright © 2011. AskAnony.com